Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Discount Diva Day!

So, being unemployed does have a few advantages.  The biggest one is time - I have a plethora and can now fill it, when asked, by meeting my bestie for a quick mani/pedi at Diva's.  I'm financially able to go 'cause  I still have a $20 gift card left over from my birthday.  Since a pedicure is only $25 I can walk out of there for only $10 including tip. It's our default shop 'cause it's close to both our houses, the girls there are great and we can be in and out in less than an hour.

Happiness!

So I met up with my gf around 10:30 today and was soaking my feet, watching the Price as Right (OMG a girl won BOTH showcases in the showdown) and pretty much just zoning out.  I happen to glance towards the clock and notice a sign - 20% off gift certificates.

Hmmm...Christmas really isn't that far away.  I always ask for a gift card to Diva's and usually my dear hubby will pick one up for $50 as a gift from the kids.  This was the perfect opportunity for me to bring it up AND for him to save some money (so he could of course re-allocate to OTHER gifts for me) when getting one of my "required" items.  A no brain-er.  I was quite pleased and made a mental note to tell hubs this afternoon.

When it was time to pay I handed the cashier my gift card ($20) and my debit card for the difference.  She kinda smiled at me and said, "Your total is only $20 plus tax - so $21.60."

Hmm...that didn't seem right but I wasn't about to argue.  As I was waiting to sign the slip I looked up and realized the note on the wall also said "20% off all services" - which meant my $25 pedi was now only $20.

Double happiness!  Not only did I get a fresh new pedi but, because of double discounts,  I only paid $6.60!

Great, great morning!

If you live in the Colorado Springs area and want to take advantage of either deal - 20% off gift certificates (over $30) or all services - please stop by Diva's.  It's located at the corner of Powers and  Barnes in the Old Navy shopping plaza right next store to Noodles & Company.   The ladies will treat you right and make your feet pretty like mine.   See picture proof below.

The color is "Crepes Suzette" and I love it!
One last thing, my husband says I have "big toe thumbs" and my sister says I have "Flintstone feet" - but I just think they are jealous 'cause this pedi looks so good.  LOL - what do you think?



Kim




No comments:

Post a Comment